With the holidays nearly here, you’re more likely to be occupied with thoughts of Santa Claus and sugar plums than sunshine and sandy beaches. And between all the office parties, family gatherings, and other special events filled with scrumptious treats and adult beverages, fitting into your favorite bikini is probably the last thing on your mind. After all, there’s still several months of dreary weather to get through before swimsuit season begins, so you’ve got plenty of time to get back on track, right?
While that’s technically true, keeping your body bikini ready is much easier when you maintain a steady diet and exercise routine throughout the winter months instead of trying to cram 12 weeks worth of fitness into two. To help get started now rather than after spring arrives, check out these great tips:
- Have a concrete goal in mind: Fitness journeys always work best when you have a specific goal to aim for. This could be a number (lose 10 pounds, fit into a size 8) or a reward (that new bikini you’ve been eying, a weekend getaway), but should be something measurable and realistically obtainable.
- Use your favorite bikini as a progress checker: If you’re simply trying to maintain your figure, a good way to do this is to slip into your favorite bikini or one piece every two weeks or so. The bikini will show you in no uncertain terms how your winter figure is faring compared to your summer self and give you a way to monitor your progress without stepping on a scale.
- Enjoy yourself in moderation: There’s no need to sit in the corner at holiday events nibbling on a rice cake while everyone else indulges. You can (and should) enjoy all your seasonal favorites like eggnog, pumpkin pie, gingerbread cookies, and more—as long as you do so in moderation.
- Drink plenty of water every day: Water is basically a magic elixir that improves everything from your skin to your immune system, kidney function, and metabolism. It also works as a natural appetite suppressant that can help control caloric intake when you’re trying to shed pounds.
- Get moving: It’s difficult to achieve a bikini body from diet alone. Exercise is a huge factor as well, so be sure to get up and get moving for at least 30 minutes every day. Switch up low impact options like yoga and pilates with more vigorous activities like weightlifting, running (or speed walking), and skiing to reap huge benefits without overtaxing muscles and joints.
Keeping your body bikini ready in winter can be challenging thanks to all the holiday celebrations, but is definitely doable if you adhere to the above advice. And whenever you need more inspiration or are ready to reward your hard work, be sure to visit SouthBeachSwimsuits.com to check out our latest bikinis and one pieces.
When you shop for swimwear, do you strive for sexy and unique or do you settle for safe and affordable? For your sake, we hope it’s the former since the bikini or one-piece you choose can make a lasting impression on those around you and might even become your signature look.
Don’t believe us? Just check out the following list of iconic swimwear moments from film and TV that we’ve collected here. You probably don’t remember the “plot point” of any of these moments, but we guarantee you’ll instantly recognize the swimwear in question!
- Bond girl Ursula Andress emerging from the ocean in a white bikini accessorized with a fierce-looking diving knife in Dr. No (1962)
- Halle Berry updating this look with a very vivid orange bikini four decades later for 2002’s Die Another Day
- Charlie’s Angels actress Farrah Fawcett posing in a simple red one-piece for a 1976 poster that would become a massive bestseller and propel her to international stardom
- Bo Derek running on the beach in a nude colored one-piece in the 1979 comedy 10
- The captive Princess Leia (portrayed by Carrie Fisher) wearing a copper bikini paired with leather high-heeled boots in 1983’s Return of the Jedi
- Raquel Welch evading dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures while clad in a fur-lined bikini in the 1966 British film One Million Years B.C.
- Pam Grier, in the 1973 film Coffy, showing that even a vigilante hit woman can be sexy while lounging poolside in a macrame bikini
- French stunner Brigitte Bardot seductively smoking a cigarette in a pure white bikini with ruffled bottom in A Very Private Affair (1964)
- Phoebe Cates climbing out of the pool and into Judge Reinhold’s fantasy in a skimpy red bikini in the 1982 comedy classic Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- Angelina Jolie riding a jet ski in a basic black bikini as Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)
While your own swimwear choices might never reach iconic heights, that’s no reason to stop trying. Browse our complete collection at South Beach Swimsuits now and discover your ideal look today!
Even though temperatures are below freezing and there’s snow on the ground, thoughts of the sexiest bikinis and hottest one pieces are always on your mind. And that’s okay, because there’s no better time than the holidays to add to your (or a loved one’s) swimwear collection, so take a look at the following highlights from this year’s Christmas gift guide presented by South Beach Swimsuits:
L Space Two Timer Geranium Bikini
- L Space Two Timer Geranium Platinum Bikini with side cut-outs and plunging V neckline
- Beach Bunny Sirens’ Song Sequins Bikini featuring adjustable sliding triangle cups and adjustable side ties
- Vitamin A Electra Ecolux Neutra Bikini made from special recycled nylon fiber and Lycra Xtra Life fiber for comfort and durability
Gottex Cosmic Petals
One piece swimsuits
- OndadeMar Lori Bandeau Swimsuit with removable halter neck strap and built-in side boning for extra bust support and structure
- Gottex Cosmic Petals Bandeau One Piece offering light sewn-in padding for more flattering fit
- Vitamin A Minimalist Stripe Adeline Maillot One Piece with an eye-catching keyhole cutout and playful contrasting stripe detail
Anita Mastectomy Caribbean Flower Tankini
- Sunflair 2014 Beach Mango Mastectomy One Piece featuring mesh fabric above the bust line and over the shoulder straps
- Amoena Ibiza Mastectomy Bikini with adjustable shoulder straps and side pockets for prosthesis
- Anita 2014 Mastectomy Caribbean Flower Tankini providing shaping cups, side pockets for prosthesis, and full coverage bottom
Beach Bunny 2015 Lost Coast Reversible One Piece (white/black)
- Lady Lux Man Eater fully lined Monokini with plunge cut front, low-rise back coverage, and pink stone detail
- PilyQ Omni Selene Monokini featuring halter style straps that tie at the neck and cut out sides with multi-strap detail
- Beach Bunny 2015 Lost Coast Reversible Swimsuit in solid black on one side and white with contrasting black on reverse for multiple looks in a single suit
SoBe Tatts temporary tattoos
- SoBe Tatts Henna Sofia temporary tattoos featuring non-toxic, easy-to-apply designs that stand up to swimming and showering for approximately 4-6 days
- Mud Pie Daisy Cuff Clutch in black, navy, pink, or white
- Mud Pie Bali Printed Bangles in sets of 4 that can be worn individually or stacked
Use this gift guide to inspire your next swimwear or accessory purchase or browse the rest of our designers and styles at South Beach Swimsuits today!
(And be sure to check our Facebook page for a chance to win a free swimsuit in our Season of Giving promotion! We’re giving away a new suit through Christmas, followed by a triple-winner gift card grand prize!)
Mix and match with PilyQ’s “Inca” pattern
Mixing and matching your swimwear is a great way to get lots of fabulous new looks without spending tons of extra money. With the right combination of fabrics, colors, and patterns, two bikinis can instantly turn into four, while three bikinis can yield nine different beach-ready pairings. Just follow these mix and match tips to get more mileage out of your swimwear:
- Virtually any solid color will pair well with any other solid color, so long as you don’t select two pieces that are almost—but not quite—the same shade. Doing this will make it look like you were trying (and failing) to get an exact color match.
- You can mix solids and prints provided that the solid color is featured somewhere in the printed pattern. Be aware that in this scenario eyes will naturally be drawn to the printed piece first, so use that knowledge to emphasize your best body parts. PilyQ often offers multiple pieces in the same print, which allows you to choose the best swimsuit piece for your needs!
- Do not mix a printed top with a printed bottom of a different pattern. While this kind of look can work in some instances, it most often ends in a tacky mishmash of lines, shapes, and colors.
- In addition to prints and colors, you can mix and match cut styles too. For example, you can wear a bandeau top with hipster bottoms or a triangle top with tie-side bottoms. When mixing cut styles, be sure to choose pieces that offer the same amount of coverage (e.g. a skimpy top with a skimpy bottom or a full top with a full bottom).
- When shopping for swimwear, try to buy separates that lend themselves to the above guidelines. Brands such as L Space and Vitamin A are great about offering similar designs and patterns from year to year, thus facilitating your mix and match efforts.
If you’re not mixing and matching your bikini tops and bottoms, you’re not getting your money’s worth from your swimwear. Use these tips to start expanding your beach, resort, and poolside looks today.
Vitamin A loves to mix solids and prints.
Adequate hydration is required for many of the essential bodily processes we take for granted, including a strong immune system, efficient metabolism, general energy levels, and temperature regulation. Water is also needed for great-looking skin, which is just as important in winter as it is in summer—especially if you plan on rocking a bikini over the holidays!
But unlike summer, where the unrelenting heat serves as a constant reminder to reach for another ice-cold glass of H2O, it’s often more difficult for people to remember to consume enough water in winter to keep skin healthy and glowing. So to help ensure you remain well-hydrated in the coming months, we offer the following tips:
- Substitute cold beverages for hot ones such as tea, cocoa, or decaffeinated coffee to stay warm as you hydrate. You can also fill a mug with chicken broth and other light soups to sip on in lieu of plain water.
- Make an effort to eat more cucumbers, celery, strawberries, tomatoes, grapefruit, and other foods with high water content.
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water before, during, and after exercise to replace fluids lost through sweat.
- Avoid too much alcohol, caffeine, and sodium, all of which reduce hydration levels.
- Use a humidifier in your home to combat the overly dry air that results from running the furnace all day and night. Trust us, your skin and throat will love you for it!
- Apply lotion, lip balm, and sunscreen daily to lock in moisture and prevent flaking, cracking, and chapping.
Just because you may be showing less skin in winter doesn’t mean you can skimp on skincare. Use these tips to stay thoroughly hydrated through the driest months of the year so your skin will look healthy and beautiful the next time you put on your swimsuit.
Don’t look now, but the holidays are almost here! And to help you get into the spirit of things, South Beach Swimsuits is excited to announce our “Season of Giving” holiday giveaway. Over the next eight weeks, we’ll be giving away gorgeous swimsuits from Lady Lux, Vitamin A, Gottex, PilyQ, and other favorite brands to eight lucky winners. Also up for grabs are three Grand Prizes in the form of a $250 gift card, a $100 gift card, and a $50 gift card that can be used for purchases on our website.
Entry periods and prizes are as follows:
- November 1-7, one Lady Lux Strawberry Shortcake Bikini
- November 8-14, one Vitamin A Mile High Snakeskin Sirena Wrap Bikini
- November 15-21, one Peixoto Kai Latin Cut One Piece swimsuit in Wat’a Red
- November 22-28, one PilyQ swimsuit of the winner’s choice
- November 29-December 5, one Gottex swimsuit of the winner’s choice
- December 6-12, one L Space swimsuit (specific suit TBD)
- December 13-19, one Beach Bunny Seascape Mint Bikini
- December 20-26, one Aqua Bendita Tasco bikini
- December 27-January 9 (Grand Prizes), one of three South Beach Swimsuits gift cards ($250 or $100 or $50 value)
Interested in entering? Here are the important details:
- No purchase is necessary to enter. Simply visit our official Facebook Fan Page and fill out the electronic entry form anytime between November 1, 2015, and January 9, 2016. (Limit one entry per weekly period per household or email address.)
- For weekly drawings, one winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries to receive the designated prize for that particular week.
- For the Grand Prize drawing, three winners will be selected at random from eligible entries to receive one of three South Beach Swimsuits gift cards.
- Winners of the weekly prizes and Grand Prizes will be notified by email, and announcements will be made on South Beach Swimsuits’ Facebook page and Twitter feed.
Some eligibility restrictions apply, so be sure to read the full rules on our Facebook page and submit your entry today. With a little luck, your holidays could be a whole lot brighter thanks to one of these fabulous prizes!
A timely winter vacation can work wonders to rejuvenate your mind and body and help you get through the bleakest, dreariest months of the year. But it takes some extra planning and effort to ensure your trip results in great memories rather than hassles and headaches, so before you go wheels up, take a look at these expert travel tips:
- Check out review sites like Yelp or TripAdvisor to find out which activities and attractions at your destination are worth doing, and book the most popular ones in advance whenever possible.
- Do the same for any trendy restaurants or nightspots that may require advance reservations.
- When choosing accommodations, don’t automatically select the option with the lowest prices. Instead, look for something central to the places you intend to visit in the destination city, as shorter commute times and general convenience often make up for slightly higher rates.
- If the beach and/or water sports are in your plans, be sure to pack an extra South Beach Swimsuit or two (depending on your length of stay) so you have a backup in case your first suit is still wet when you need to wear it again.
- Leave plenty of free time in your itinerary to allow for spontaneity, following up on new discoveries, and rescheduling planned activities due to inclement weather.
- When headed to sun-drenched locales, don’t forget to pack sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat or sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from harmful UV rays.
The perfect winter getaway begins with good planning. No matter the destination, keep these travel tips in mind as you create the ideal itinerary and packing list for your next vacation.