Mix and match with PilyQ’s “Inca” pattern
Mixing and matching your swimwear is a great way to get lots of fabulous new looks without spending tons of extra money. With the right combination of fabrics, colors, and patterns, two bikinis can instantly turn into four, while three bikinis can yield nine different beach-ready pairings. Just follow these mix and match tips to get more mileage out of your swimwear:
- Virtually any solid color will pair well with any other solid color, so long as you don’t select two pieces that are almost—but not quite—the same shade. Doing this will make it look like you were trying (and failing) to get an exact color match.
- You can mix solids and prints provided that the solid color is featured somewhere in the printed pattern. Be aware that in this scenario eyes will naturally be drawn to the printed piece first, so use that knowledge to emphasize your best body parts. PilyQ often offers multiple pieces in the same print, which allows you to choose the best swimsuit piece for your needs!
- Do not mix a printed top with a printed bottom of a different pattern. While this kind of look can work in some instances, it most often ends in a tacky mishmash of lines, shapes, and colors.
- In addition to prints and colors, you can mix and match cut styles too. For example, you can wear a bandeau top with hipster bottoms or a triangle top with tie-side bottoms. When mixing cut styles, be sure to choose pieces that offer the same amount of coverage (e.g. a skimpy top with a skimpy bottom or a full top with a full bottom).
- When shopping for swimwear, try to buy separates that lend themselves to the above guidelines. Brands such as L Space and Vitamin A are great about offering similar designs and patterns from year to year, thus facilitating your mix and match efforts.
If you’re not mixing and matching your bikini tops and bottoms, you’re not getting your money’s worth from your swimwear. Use these tips to start expanding your beach, resort, and poolside looks today.
Vitamin A loves to mix solids and prints.
Adequate hydration is required for many of the essential bodily processes we take for granted, including a strong immune system, efficient metabolism, general energy levels, and temperature regulation. Water is also needed for great-looking skin, which is just as important in winter as it is in summer—especially if you plan on rocking a bikini over the holidays!
But unlike summer, where the unrelenting heat serves as a constant reminder to reach for another ice-cold glass of H2O, it’s often more difficult for people to remember to consume enough water in winter to keep skin healthy and glowing. So to help ensure you remain well-hydrated in the coming months, we offer the following tips:
- Substitute cold beverages for hot ones such as tea, cocoa, or decaffeinated coffee to stay warm as you hydrate. You can also fill a mug with chicken broth and other light soups to sip on in lieu of plain water.
- Make an effort to eat more cucumbers, celery, strawberries, tomatoes, grapefruit, and other foods with high water content.
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water before, during, and after exercise to replace fluids lost through sweat.
- Avoid too much alcohol, caffeine, and sodium, all of which reduce hydration levels.
- Use a humidifier in your home to combat the overly dry air that results from running the furnace all day and night. Trust us, your skin and throat will love you for it!
- Apply lotion, lip balm, and sunscreen daily to lock in moisture and prevent flaking, cracking, and chapping.
Just because you may be showing less skin in winter doesn’t mean you can skimp on skincare. Use these tips to stay thoroughly hydrated through the driest months of the year so your skin will look healthy and beautiful the next time you put on your swimsuit.
Don’t look now, but the holidays are almost here! And to help you get into the spirit of things, South Beach Swimsuits is excited to announce our “Season of Giving” holiday giveaway. Over the next eight weeks, we’ll be giving away gorgeous swimsuits from Lady Lux, Vitamin A, Gottex, PilyQ, and other favorite brands to eight lucky winners. Also up for grabs are three Grand Prizes in the form of a $250 gift card, a $100 gift card, and a $50 gift card that can be used for purchases on our website.
Entry periods and prizes are as follows:
- November 1-7, one Lady Lux Strawberry Shortcake Bikini
- November 8-14, one Vitamin A Mile High Snakeskin Sirena Wrap Bikini
- November 15-21, one Peixoto Kai Latin Cut One Piece swimsuit in Wat’a Red
- November 22-28, one PilyQ swimsuit of the winner’s choice
- November 29-December 5, one Gottex swimsuit of the winner’s choice
- December 6-12, one L Space swimsuit (specific suit TMD)
- December 13-19, one Beach Bunny Seascape Mint Bikini
- December 20-26, one Aqua Bendita Tasco bikini
- December 27-January 9 (Grand Prizes), one of three South Beach Swimsuits gift cards ($250 or $100 or $50 value)
Interested in entering? Here are the important details:
- No purchase is necessary to enter. Simply visit our official Facebook Fan Page and fill out the electronic entry form anytime between November 1, 2015, and January 9, 2016. (Limit one entry per weekly period per household or email address.)
- For weekly drawings, one winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries to receive the designated prize for that particular week.
- For the Grand Prize drawing, three winners will be selected at random from eligible entries to receive one of three South Beach Swimsuits gift cards.
- Winners of the weekly prizes and Grand Prizes will be notified by email, and announcements will be made on South Beach Swimsuits’ Facebook page and Twitter feed.
Some eligibility restrictions apply, so be sure to read the full rules on our Facebook page and submit your entry today. With a little luck, your holidays could be a whole lot brighter thanks to one of these fabulous prizes!
A timely winter vacation can work wonders to rejuvenate your mind and body and help you get through the bleakest, dreariest months of the year. But it takes some extra planning and effort to ensure your trip results in great memories rather than hassles and headaches, so before you go wheels up, take a look at these expert travel tips:
- Check out review sites like Yelp or TripAdvisor to find out which activities and attractions at your destination are worth doing, and book the most popular ones in advance whenever possible.
- Do the same for any trendy restaurants or nightspots that may require advance reservations.
- When choosing accommodations, don’t automatically select the option with the lowest prices. Instead, look for something central to the places you intend to visit in the destination city, as shorter commute times and general convenience often make up for slightly higher rates.
- If the beach and/or water sports are in your plans, be sure to pack an extra South Beach Swimsuit or two (depending on your length of stay) so you have a backup in case your first suit is still wet when you need to wear it again.
- Leave plenty of free time in your itinerary to allow for spontaneity, following up on new discoveries, and rescheduling planned activities due to inclement weather.
- When headed to sun-drenched locales, don’t forget to pack sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat or sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from harmful UV rays.
The perfect winter getaway begins with good planning. No matter the destination, keep these travel tips in mind as you create the ideal itinerary and packing list for your next vacation.
I can feel it…summer is coming to an end :( I searched for some end of the summer cocktails and I immediately clicked on this one from the Gimme Some Oven because of the beautiful picture so I decided to re-post for you all to enjoy!
FRESH PEACH MARGARITA
This fresh peach margarita recipe is sweet, simple to make, and so satisfying!
- 1/3 cup fresh peach puree (*see instructions below*)
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1.5 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce Triple Sec (or freshly-squeeze orange juice to make it lighter)
- 1 Tablespoon agave or honey
- optional garish: rim salt and fresh peach slice
Add all ingredients together in a shaker. Shake for 15 seconds until combined. Serve over ice in a glass that has been rimmed with salt and garnished with a fresh peach slice.
*To make fresh peach puree, simply peel and pit a fresh peach and puree it in a blender until smooth. 1 medium peach = approximately 1/2 cup puree (but measure to be sure).
You can enjoy the full post here!
Breathe. Believe. And look good doing it.
We love how yoga has taken over the world! Yoga poses, hot yoga, slow yoga, yoga headbands, yoga everything..including yoga fashion! We’ve got some awesome Instagram posts that show off some AMAZING shots of our yoga lovers in some of our favorite swimsuits <3
CA by Vitamin A
CA by Vitamin A
CA by Vitamin A