With the holidays nearly here, you’re more likely to be occupied with thoughts of Santa Claus and sugar plums than sunshine and sandy beaches. And between all the office parties, family gatherings, and other special events filled with scrumptious treats and adult beverages, fitting into your favorite bikini is probably the last thing on your mind. After all, there’s still several months of dreary weather to get through before swimsuit season begins, so you’ve got plenty of time to get back on track, right?
While that’s technically true, keeping your body bikini ready is much easier when you maintain a steady diet and exercise routine throughout the winter months instead of trying to cram 12 weeks worth of fitness into two. To help get started now rather than after spring arrives, check out these great tips:
- Have a concrete goal in mind: Fitness journeys always work best when you have a specific goal to aim for. This could be a number (lose 10 pounds, fit into a size 8) or a reward (that new bikini you’ve been eying, a weekend getaway), but should be something measurable and realistically obtainable.
- Use your favorite bikini as a progress checker: If you’re simply trying to maintain your figure, a good way to do this is to slip into your favorite bikini or one piece every two weeks or so. The bikini will show you in no uncertain terms how your winter figure is faring compared to your summer self and give you a way to monitor your progress without stepping on a scale.
- Enjoy yourself in moderation: There’s no need to sit in the corner at holiday events nibbling on a rice cake while everyone else indulges. You can (and should) enjoy all your seasonal favorites like eggnog, pumpkin pie, gingerbread cookies, and more—as long as you do so in moderation.
- Drink plenty of water every day: Water is basically a magic elixir that improves everything from your skin to your immune system, kidney function, and metabolism. It also works as a natural appetite suppressant that can help control caloric intake when you’re trying to shed pounds.
- Get moving: It’s difficult to achieve a bikini body from diet alone. Exercise is a huge factor as well, so be sure to get up and get moving for at least 30 minutes every day. Switch up low impact options like yoga and pilates with more vigorous activities like weightlifting, running (or speed walking), and skiing to reap huge benefits without overtaxing muscles and joints.
Keeping your body bikini ready in winter can be challenging thanks to all the holiday celebrations, but is definitely doable if you adhere to the above advice. And whenever you need more inspiration or are ready to reward your hard work, be sure to visit SouthBeachSwimsuits.com to check out our latest bikinis and one pieces.