When you shop for swimwear, do you strive for sexy and unique or do you settle for safe and affordable? For your sake, we hope it’s the former since the bikini or one-piece you choose can make a lasting impression on those around you and might even become your signature look.
Don’t believe us? Just check out the following list of iconic swimwear moments from film and TV that we’ve collected here. You probably don’t remember the “plot point” of any of these moments, but we guarantee you’ll instantly recognize the swimwear in question!
- Bond girl Ursula Andress emerging from the ocean in a white bikini accessorized with a fierce-looking diving knife in Dr. No (1962)
- Halle Berry updating this look with a very vivid orange bikini four decades later for 2002’s Die Another Day
- Charlie’s Angels actress Farrah Fawcett posing in a simple red one-piece for a 1976 poster that would become a massive bestseller and propel her to international stardom
- Bo Derek running on the beach in a nude colored one-piece in the 1979 comedy 10
- The captive Princess Leia (portrayed by Carrie Fisher) wearing a copper bikini paired with leather high-heeled boots in 1983’s Return of the Jedi
- Raquel Welch evading dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures while clad in a fur-lined bikini in the 1966 British film One Million Years B.C.
- Pam Grier, in the 1973 film Coffy, showing that even a vigilante hit woman can be sexy while lounging poolside in a macrame bikini
- French stunner Brigitte Bardot seductively smoking a cigarette in a pure white bikini with ruffled bottom in A Very Private Affair (1964)
- Phoebe Cates climbing out of the pool and into Judge Reinhold’s fantasy in a skimpy red bikini in the 1982 comedy classic Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- Angelina Jolie riding a jet ski in a basic black bikini as Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)
While your own swimwear choices might never reach iconic heights, that’s no reason to stop trying. Browse our complete collection at South Beach Swimsuits now and discover your ideal look today!