A timely winter vacation can work wonders to rejuvenate your mind and body and help you get through the bleakest, dreariest months of the year. But it takes some extra planning and effort to ensure your trip results in great memories rather than hassles and headaches, so before you go wheels up, take a look at these expert travel tips:
- Check out review sites like Yelp or TripAdvisor to find out which activities and attractions at your destination are worth doing, and book the most popular ones in advance whenever possible.
- Do the same for any trendy restaurants or nightspots that may require advance reservations.
- When choosing accommodations, don’t automatically select the option with the lowest prices. Instead, look for something central to the places you intend to visit in the destination city, as shorter commute times and general convenience often make up for slightly higher rates.
- If the beach and/or water sports are in your plans, be sure to pack an extra South Beach Swimsuit or two (depending on your length of stay) so you have a backup in case your first suit is still wet when you need to wear it again.
- Leave plenty of free time in your itinerary to allow for spontaneity, following up on new discoveries, and rescheduling planned activities due to inclement weather.
- When headed to sun-drenched locales, don’t forget to pack sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat or sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from harmful UV rays.
The perfect winter getaway begins with good planning. No matter the destination, keep these travel tips in mind as you create the ideal itinerary and packing list for your next vacation.